Full Job Description
Blueprint Studios is growing again, and we are looking for a collaborative Shipping Supervisor to lead our shipping department team. This is an important position where you will be responsible for highly organized management of the Shipping Department, which includes the management of the company fleet, deliveries, will-calls, sub-rentals and all event-related transportation. Successful department management includes, but is not limited to, process and workflow development, labor forecasts, employee life cycle management and assigned warehouse projects in accordance with company polices and business objectives. If this is something you would like to be a part of, then we would like to hear from you!
- GED or high school diploma (B.S. or associates degree preferred)
- Minimum 3-5 years in event related field operations
- 1-2 years experience managing staff
- Ability train and coach staff on a regular basis
- Understands basic accounting & standard business operation practices
- Demonstrates the ability to be organized, detail oriented and team driven
- Advanced computer skills including email, Microsoft office software
- Flexible and adaptable to constant change
- Currently in possession of a valid driver’s license with clear driving record
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization, as well as potential & current clients
- Pays attention to detail when composing, typing and proofing materials
- Respects confidentiality in discussing clients’ proprietary information and staff
- This position does require overtime and some weekend hours
- Must be available for emergency contact & supervision assistance when necessary including nights & weekends
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, vendors, and co-workers both verbally and through e-mail
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus (but not required)
- Must be able to drive 16' and 24' trucks.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must be able to successfully complete a post-offer drug test and background check.
Blueprint Studios is a nationally renowned special event design, production and rentals firm, long known for our expertise in establishing industry trends, coupled with a keen client focus and responsiveness. We specialize in delivering products and services to a continuously growing base of clients that range from some of the most prominent corporations to a luxury social customer base.
We believe that our employees are the key to our success. Our team is made up of passionate designers, craftspeople and professionals who share our core values of vision, innovation, excellence, and integrity. We are looking for people who can think the big ideas and deliver upon the small details.
Learn more about who we are and what we do at https://www.blueprintstudios.com/ or check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/blueprintstudiosevents.